This drink was developed during the launch of Seedlip at an exhibition in Belgium.
The fresh acidity of the Verjuice pairs well with the honey ginger syrup and the herbal Seedlip Spice 94. It was inspired by the Penicillin cocktail, a drink that incorporates lemon, honey and ginger. The same ingredients were once used to fight off the flu, hence the name Penicillin cocktail.
- 50ml Seedlip Spice 94
- 30ml Minus 8 Verjuice or other verjuice
- 20ml Ginger-honey syrup
- Ice cubes
- Garnish with a lemon zest
Honey ginger syrupStart with 600 ml of water. Add 1000 gr of honey, 400 gr of finely cut and pealed ginger. Briefly boil down the mixture. Let it sit for 24h in a chilled space
- Take a tumbler and fill it up with ice cubes
- Pour all the ingredients over the ice
- Top it up with ginger beer
- Stir it up with a bar spoon/spoon
- Garnish with a slice of ginger
Verjuice is a juice made of unripe grapes. We use it as a replacement for lemon or lime juice. It contains the same acidity.